Luzern.This go-round we had a whole day to discover the city. The small beach along the Vierwaldstättersee, the transportation museum where we rode around on razor scooters, the Lion Monument and, of course, delicious Fiorentina pizze. We enjoyed Weissbier
I heard yesterday after I returned that "Americans Love Luzern". I wonder if there is a
Locals lay out in the grass to sun wearing less than their American counterparts. Everyone has ice cream. We enjoy a Tierli and a muffins. No, not a typo. A muffins. Somehow the Swiss imported only the plural form. Ein Muffins, bitte.On our walk we see a beautiful orange slide. Wow.
That is some slide. So we walk to the top and test it out...will we fit? It is really steep for a playground slide, but still quite narrow. David goes down first. I wait and wait...but I don't hear anything. So I go down this fast slide, but try to slow down as much as possible before the bottom. David had flown straight off the end of the slide onto his back. Ouch! I looked up at the apartment building nearby. An older woman with dark hair is smoking, watching us. She seems to say, "I have seen this all before,"
Zug.
Halfway between Zürich and Luzern lies Zug. Did I mention that David and I rode to Luzern? At the north end of Zuggersee, Zug has a fabulous view of the Alps on the other side. And they know how to use it. We stopped for coffee to and fro at this lovely seeside bath.

Another noteworthy attraction near Luzern, a long path full of wood carvings. Owls, wolves, dogs, snails and more.
142 kilometers
No comments:
Post a Comment