I interrupt this program to bring you an important news bulletin. It has been springtime snowing here in Zürich. Four inches accumulated overnight in the biggest downfall this week. Sporadic daily winds accompanied by giant snowflakes have once again transformed the city. Local couple, David and Johanna, explain."Uh...yeah. It is, like, über-nice. We were riding our bikes on Saturday around Route 5 and just made it back inside before the snow really started coming down," says Johanna. "David and I got out for a spring time ride despite the forecast. It has been snowing on and off all week. Second winter. Rad."
To really get a feel for what is happening, take a look
at this live still from Flumserberg, a popular mountain resort. Only 7 of the 16 lifts are open there today as heavy snows and wind affect the area."While snow is necessary for snowsports, too much can be a too much," say experts. Many people are hoping for the sunny day forecasted on Saturday and what will likely be some of the busiest ski slopes of the season.
2 comments:
That's awesome! Glad you guys made it back in time to get under some shelter. It's interesting, because it's also been snowing in Seattle this week. Nothing sticking, but enough to make you wonder when spring will actually get here.
I've been enjoying your blog, and taking notes! That's right, a new blog for me, and I'll let you know the address soon (I want to make it less boring first :) That Gillian Welch song is so awesome, I've had it stuck in my head fo rthe last day.
Anyhow, this is turning out to be les of a comment and more of an update. I'll try to log into skype tomorrow, and perhaps I'll see you there!
Hope all is well1
Ack, darn blogger. I just typed out a long message, and then I failed the word verification test. An "rn" looks a lot like an "m" I'm telling you, it's not fair! Anyhow, long story short, I've been enjoying your blog, seeing what you're up to. And wondering why I can't read any german. You're becoming quite proficient it seems! Tomorrow I'm going to log into skype in the morning, so perhaps I'll see you there. If not, I'll be hoping that you're out doing something delightful. Hope all is well!
Post a Comment